What Is Clean COLORBOND® ULTRA Steel? and why Buy Iridak Roofing CLEAN COLORBOND® Roofing Sheets
Clean COLORBOND ® Ultra steel is BlueScope premium pre-painted metallic coated product designed specifically for roofing and walling in severe coastal & industrial environments found throughout Ghana.
Guaranteed Minimum coating Mass AZ200 (200g/m2) – 100g/m² on the top and bottom
Steel Grades – G300 – Guaranteed Minimum Yield of 300 MPa
– G550 – Guaranteed Minimum Yield of 550 MPa
Clean COLORBOND ®Ultra steel is only manufactured by BlueScope Steel
Clean COLORBOND® Ultra steel has superior corrosion resistance paint performance properties making it one of the most cost-effective building materials for harsh industrial and severe coastal environments.
Clean COLORBOND® Ultra Steel contains 5 LAYERS OF PROTECTION
Manufactured in Vietnam to Australian Standards (AS1397 and AS/NZS 2728) and tested in some of the harshest Australian /Asian conditions over the last 50 years, genuine Clean COLORBOND ® steel is far more than just ‘paint on steel’.
1. The steel base is manufactured to meet relevant Australian Standards, ensuring strict adherence to the required grade and strength.
2. The base is then coated in BlueScope’s industry-leading metallic coating 55Al-Zn alloy coating, to provide enhanced corrosion resistance.
3. A thin pre-treatment layer is applied to optimize the adhesion of further coatings.
4. A corrosion inhibitive primer is oven-baked onto the surface.
5. A topcoat of specially developed, exterior grade paint is oven-baked on to provide resistance to chipping, flaking and blistering and to ensure the finish retains its look for longer.
Clean Technology – Dirt Resistance and Improved Thermal Performance
- Thermal comfort is maintained by dirt resistance property in Clean COLORBOND® steel.
- The reflectivity of the roofing sheet will be influenced by the amount of dirt staining.
- Therefore, retaining a clean appearance is very important for maximizing the cooling effect of roofing sheets.
- The dirt particles on Clean COLORBOND® steel can be easily washed away during a heavy downpour as compared to a product without “clean coating”
Point 5. Clean COLORBOND ® steel contains Thermatech ® Technology
WHAT is THERMATECH® SOLAR REFLECTANCE TECHNOLOGY?
Thermatech® solar reflectance technology is incorporated in Clean COLORBOND® steel to lower surface temperature by absorbing less heat from the sun. In other words, Thermatech® is able to reflect the solar heat off roofing material.
- Thermatech® Solar Reflectance Technology – reduces roof surface temperature by up to 6°C*
- Reduce annual cooling energy consumption by up to 15%*
For ease of reference, the Solar Reflectance Index (SRI) value for African White is 86
* Depending on the level of insulation, colour, building shape and function.
- Thermatech® technology optimizes the thermal performance of every colour without changing their appearance. The roof, therefore, consumes less energy for air-conditioning and helps to mitigate the Urban Heat Island (UHI) effect.
Point 6 – Product Guidelines for use of Clean COLORBOND near the sea
|Guidelines||Distance from the Sea||Distance from the Sea||Distance from the Sea|
|Product Type||100-400m||401-1000m||1 – 5k|
|Pre Painted Galvanised Z200||Not Recommended||Not Recommended||Not Recommended|
|Pre Painted Galvanised Z275||Not Recommended||Not Recommended||Recommended|
|Clean COLORBOND®AZ150||Not Recommended||Recommended||Recommended|
|Clean COLORBOND®AZ200 Ultra||Recommended||Recommended||Recommended|
How to specify Clean COLORBOND ® Ultra Steel
0.51mm TCT (0.45mm BMT) in Clean COLORBOND®Ultra Steel, metallic coating AZ200 minimum (200g/m2) coating mass, Grade G300 (minimum yield strength 300 MPa) or G550 (minimum yield strength 550 MPa), super polyester paint system, 25um on topside and 10um on the reverse side.
Fasteners to comply with Australian Standard Class 4.
Flashing or ridge capping should be manufactured from the same material as used for the roofing.
Clean COLORBOND® Ultra steel is backed by BlueScope product warranty
Locate Iridak Roofing System Ltd at Amrahia Baron Junction, Off Adenta – Dodowa – RD
CALL them or Email them
Visit their website: https://iridakroof.com/