WhatsApp messenger has finally rolled out it’s long-awaited Dark Mode feature for Android and iOS users across the world.
The Dark Mode feature, which is WhatsApp’s biggest feature update this year has been in testing for well over a year now.
With the new update, everyone can update their apps from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store to enjoy the new feature.
Before the update, most WhatsApp users on Android were using a black-themed modded WhatsApp to mimic what a true dark mode will look like
The new WhatsApp dark mode has more of a dark grey tone rather than a black background that many had anticipated.
WhatsApp users on Android 10 and iOS 13 can get the new WhatsApp Dark Mode by enabling the Dark Mode in their system settings.
Apart from looking nice to most people, Dark Mode gives users the option to change the theme of the app to something that minimises eye fatigue, as opposed to a brighter background.
This change will be most appreciated in low light areas and in the evenings especially.
How to enable WhatsApp Dark Mode on Android
- Go to the Google Play Store on your phone and install the latest version of WhatsApp
- Once the updated WhatsApp version is installed, tap on the three-dot menu icon on the top right and select Settings.
- Tap on Chats to go into the chat settings.
- Tap on Theme and it will give you an option to choose the theme for the app.
- Tap on Dark and you are all set to use WhatsApp Dark Mode.
- You will also find a System default option when you tap on Theme which will automatically switch between light and dark mode according to the default system settings.
This manual method is not available for iOS 13 users.
Bad news for all iPhone users who do not have iOS 13 as they will not be able to experience WhatsApp’s Dark Mode.
How to enable WhatsApp Dark Mode on iOS
- Visit App Store on your iPhone and download the latest version of WhatsApp
- Go to Settings on the phone and find the Display & Brightness option.
- Tap on Dark to enable system-wide Dark Mode.
- Alternatively, you can go to the Control Centre and tap on Dark Mode.
WhatsApp’s Dark Mode update is slowly rolling out to all users and will take a few days to reach everyone
Remember to share with your friends and enjoy the new Dark Mode. If you have any issues, just restart your phone and make sure you don’t have any pending system updates.